EQ550P | Passive Valve Two Bands Equalizer
- Inspired by Famous Valve Passive EQ
- Hybrid Tube Class A Gain Stage
- Two Bands Shelf EQ Operation
- Separate Control for Boost and Cut
- 3 Frequency Settings for HF Band
- 3 Frequency Settings for LF Band
- Vintage NOS Discrete Components
- Output Coupled with Custom HRK Transformer
- Class A Discrete Output Transformer Driver
- NOS GE Military Grade USA Made Tube
- On-Board Voltage 500 Rack PSU Filters
- Direct Sale – Save on Distributors Fee!
The EQ550P is a Passive Tube-based 2 Band Shelf Equaliser inspired by the famous Pultec design.
Each Band has a separate Boost and Cut Control which allows creating the sophisticated EQ curves.
Each Boost or Cut control has three different and independent frequency settings which give a total of 9 setting combinations per Band.
The Passive filter section changes the EQ curve by attenuating the signal. The Tube gain stage restores the signal to the nominal level adding the combination of harmonics and transients.
The EQ550P is very musical and easy to use. It can process any music material, instruments, vocal or recordings, producing amazing results.
The Valve – Discrete Transistors Hybrid circuit is the result of a long development process. It produces real Tube harmonics and reaches tone while maintaining the noise on an extremely low level.
Create Sophisticated EQ Curves!
The unique feature of Passive Equalizer is the ability to Cut and Boost at the same time.
The EQ550P can create sophisticated EQ curves which cannot be achieved by the active shelf equalizers.
The ability to select three different frequencies independently for Cut and Boost provides countless possibilities in creating custom EQ curves.
The plots below show a few examples of such EQ curves.
Standard Cut and Boost Curves
Like any other equalizer, the EQ550P can be used to cut or boost the shelf frequencies.
The plots below show the maximum cut and boost for each band and frequency settings.